At home, we frequently use shot glasses to enjoy or celebrate with our friends and family. However, it is frequently left unused for an extended period of time. If you have a few extra shot glasses around the house, consider using them in a creative project. We’re going to learn how to make DIY candles out of shot glasses today.
Shot glasses are preferred over other glasses because they are more durable and less susceptible to soot and smoke. To make our candles more effective and safer for everyone, we only use natural ingredients in the manufacturing process. So, let’s take a look at how candles are made.
(The essential oils mentioned in the recipe should be brought only from reliable and 100 % pure essential oils suppliers or trusted fragrance oils wholesalers. This is to maximize the good results we expect from the candle.)
Know About Shot Glass Candle Making Supplies
1. Soya Wax Flakes: They are used because they burn cleanly and for a long time. Furthermore, their low melting point makes them ideal for candle making.
2.Cotton Wicks: Cotton wicks are known for being easy to light and last a long time. Because they are the most convenient to use, they are the most commonly used candle wicks. You can use cotton wicks that have already been waxed and only need to be dipped in the molten wax. These wicks are usually compressed and maintain their shape well.
3. A digital thermometer: It is capable of reading temperatures up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit is recommended. Remember that depending on the type of wax you’re using to make the candles, you’ll need to melt it at different temperatures.
4. Shot Glasses: For this DIY recipe, short, thick, and high-quality shot glasses are recommended. It’s because these shot glasses are tough and can maintain their shape and form even at high temperatures caused by the burning flame.
5. Essential Oils: Essential oils give the candles a wonderful aroma. Scented candles make your rooms smell amazing and help to eliminate foul odours caused by dust, dirt, insufficient ventilation, and other factors.
6. Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, or Lemon Essential Oils have a powerful and soothing scent, so we recommend using them. Essential oils have a calming and energising effect on your mood and energy.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making DIY Shot Candles
Now that you have all of the ingredients for DIY shot glass candles, you must also prepare for safety. You’ll need safety gloves and safety goggles for this. Also, choose a long enough stirring stick to keep the melted wax from coming into direct contact with your skin.
Supplies for the Shot Glass Candle:
- 100 Grams Soy Wax Flakes
- 4 cotton wicks
- 4 shot glasses
- 1 – Digital Thermometer
- A few drops of any essential oil
- 1 – Wooden Stirring Stick
Step 1 To begin, melt the soy wax flakes.
Fill a saucepan with water to a third of its capacity. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and add the soy wax flakes. Stir constantly with a wooden stick until the wax has completely melted. The wax would need to be melted completely at a temperature of up to 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Incorporate the Essential Oil
Allow the wax to cool to room temperature now. Add essential oil when the temperature reaches around 110 degrees. For a stronger scent, you can also use fragrance oil.
Step 3: Use Shot Glasses to secure the candle wick.
Attach the candle wick to the shot glasses’ centre. To keep the wicks in the centre, use a centring device such as a wick holder.
Step 4: Fill Shot Glasses with Wax
Finally, pour the molten wax into the shot glasses and set aside for a few hours to allow the wax to cool before using.
Step 5: And that’s it! It’s time to light your candle and relax
Your homemade candles are now ready to use or give as gifts.
We hope you enjoyed making the DIY shot glass candles recipe. When giving them as gifts, you can put them in small, attractive packages. The essential oils used in them may differ depending on your needs and preferences.